James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2005 f350 6.0, i went over a set of railroad tracks

Customer Question

I have a 2005 f350 6.0
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i went over a set of railroad tracks in reverse and my engine died
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: emergincy fuel shit off switch right
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I pushed the little button on the pass kick plate no start I have to add that when I go thru a puddle of water my oil presser gage will drop to nothing the truck doesn't miss a beat then within 10 sec it will go right back up to where it shows normal Short ???
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im fixing it I realize that it could be the stc but that really don't make since or the icp or hopfully it's the Ipr valve in any case my buddy borrowed my scanner and I can't see what kind of voltage im pulling I guess what I want to know is
Is there a possability that I have a short a frayed wire under the truck that has caused the oil presser gage to drop and rise without the truck even studdering???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hell it couldn't be the emergincy fuel shut off I pulled the cap on the filter and im getting fuel to the reservoir
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know what your going to say
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That with out codes there's no way to know I think I just wasted my money no offense but im pretty smart did my own egr delete and depending on what's up with this if the stc is bad easy fix I'll rebuild my turbo my buddy took his 7.3 to a shop with stc problem 1700.00 and change wtf I mean come on the kit is less then 70.00 and the new oil pump 500.00 top of the line I learned because I just think most shops will pull a bunch of who shot john storys and murder you wallet again no offense
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.

Hello, if you are getting fuel then I'm sure that isn't the problem you are having. It can be difficult to diagnose without codes that is correct. If you have a high pressure oil leak then I would get OTC fitting 303-765. This goes into the ICP test port to test for an air leak. This will allow you to actually hear where the air leak is coming from. On this particular vehicle you don't need a new HPOP with an STC. If that is the case. It could be a faulty IPR valve or an injector could have broke causing the high pressure oil leak. I wouldn't go buying a bunch of parts without an idea of where its going. This is where I would start though. If you have a scan tool that will read ICP pressure while trying to start that will be very helpful. If you build up to 500PSI the engine should start. If it doesn't start with 500PSI then there is another issue elsewhere.