Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Do you have a step by step on this procedure? I have a 08

Customer Question

Do you have a step by step on this procedure? I have a 08 escape 4cyl doing the same thing shifting at 3-3500 rpm. No slipping. I would like to keep the trans in the vehicle. We have a lift.
Thanks Hubert Keller Keller's auto sales
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Can you tell me what procedure your looking for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh sorry the process to replace the 2-4 band on a 08 escape without removing Transmision
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Are you working on the CD4E transmission?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Ford dose not offer any procedure for doing this repair with out having to pull and dissemble the transmission . I can send these if that is what you need.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we are going to pull it now
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Okay see the disassembly and assembly steps in the links below. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there if need be.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/CD4E%20Oct%2024.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/assembly%20Oct%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have it dropped down enough to get the pump off I have read where you need to stick a screwdriver in the tss hole. Is that to keep the other parts of the Transmision in the transmission? Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Ford dose not offer any steps to do this but if you can access it this way then its worth a try.