Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Second opinion] - now fire on cyl 6 and 8 p0356 p0358? i

Customer Question

Second opinion] - now fire on cyl 6 and 8 p0356 p0358? i think were codes i can pull them again...ive replaced entire wire harness as i have 2 spare replaced ccrm coils plugs hell everything except pcm which i have and extra as well still when testing with noid light....nothing
JA: Has the battery been tested?
Customer: yes red top optima and also replaced alt is a 130a cause have bullitt intake 02 gt
JA: What year is your Optima?
Customer: only few months old...maybe 5-6 at most
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is a mustang gt...battery is a optima
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it k
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

What year model?

With coils 6 and 8 unplugged does it run the same?

Have you checked the signal from the PCM to the coils and injectors?

Have you done a compression test on these cylinders?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
02 mustang gt
yes runs same unplugged
volt meter shows power but noid light does not
no havnt done comp test didnt think needed to cause no power at cop plugs would rule out mechanical problemi have replace entire wire harness, plugs, cops, cam pos sen, alternator, checked cleaned and reconnected any ground i could find, replaced ccrm, checked rechecked and rechecked again for and place for short to power or ground

So if I understand correct your coils for 6 and 8 are getting power but no ground pulse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is what i think

No ground pulse means you have broken wires from the coils to the PCM or the PCM is bad. Since you have replaced the harness that means your loss of ground pulse to these 2 coils is going to be faulty coil drivers inside the PCM meaning PCM replacement and programming is needed.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can a locksmith handle the programming or does it have to be ford....i have a pcm here
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
key well whole donar car

Most locksmiths can program keys to a vehicle though they can not update a PCM if your replacement is not to the same calibration as your original.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have a custom tune i can load in after the pcm swap

So your all set.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris