EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Now fire on cyl 6 and 8 p0356 p0358? i think were codes i

Customer Question

now fire on cyl 6 and 8 p0356 p0358? i think were codes i can pull them again...ive replaced entire wire harness as i have 2 spare replaced ccrm coils plugs hell everything except pcm which i have and extra as well still when testing with noid light....nothing
JA: Has the battery been tested?
Customer: yes red top optima and also replaced alt is a 130a cause have bullitt intake 02 gt
JA: What year is your Optima?
Customer: only few months old...maybe 5-6 at most
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is a mustang gt...battery is a optima
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it k
Category: Ford
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I nay help you better.Have you stated you replaced the coils and spark plugs correct?The next thing you can do is to switch the injectors to the ones that are firing and see if the codes or misfiring changes. also do a compression test . Let me know the results of those tests

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have changed all cop's although i know they were working to begin with becaused switched to working cylinders and did test with spark tester... injectors are all working caused switched them to working cyls too. didnt see the necessity for comp test due to the fact there is the connector to # 6 & 8 wont light a noid light and all others will along with all inject connectors ...the funky thing is that a volt meter shows power to the connectors but they wont light a noid light...i believe drivers in pcm are bad or wiring issue i have also been over every ground that i could find and cleaned and reconnected
..
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 4 months ago.

Hi. A different expert here. Do you still need assistance on this concern?