EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Truck won't start, checked everything. was fine on Friday.

Customer Question

truck won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: checked everything. was fine on Friday. went to go work Saturday and nothing. lights come on. but no noise what so ever. no clicking no engine trying to turn over nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 ford f 250 super duty
JA: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all connections . tried jump start . disconnected reconnected nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of. it does have an auto start
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.

Hi. You should have a theft light(maybe looks like a lock) on the dash that comes on when the key is turned to the ON position. Does the light blink rapidly with the key ON, or does it come on for 3 seconds then turn off?

THanks for letting me assist you. After rating my assistance the question will remain open for any follow up questions. If you have any more questions please let me know.