Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Chasing down the famous vac leak on a 99 4.2, Some of the

Customer Question

Chasing down the famous vac leak on a 99 4.2
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: Some of the hoses are pretty old i am looking at those. I do have a question about the pcv fitting on the rear of the intake that has coolant lines running to it
JA: What is the model of your '99 Ford?
Customer: F150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. I have swapped some of the older vac hoses. The one that runs from the fitting on the back of the upper to under the tb looked wet inside
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Are you asking how to find possible vacuum leaks?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am but i have a more specific question. The vac fitting under the throttle body runs back to the pcb valve and the fitting on the rear of the intake that has the two coolant lines in it correct?

Are you asking are there coolant lines to the throttle body and is there a vacuum line from the throttle body to the PCV valve?