Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2000 Ford Explorer, new battery new alternator, not getting

Customer Question

2000 Ford Explorer, new battery new alternator, not getting Power from alternator and trying to locate the fusible link. The wiring harness and the ground etc. all look clean and solid. I just don't know what the mega fuse looks like or it's location
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: I've been looking at one online. Will it be located inside of the fuse box or will it be screwed onto the firewall somewhere? Yes by the way essentially I have found to fuse panels, One under the hood, and one when you first open the drivers door.
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I've replaced the battery and I've replaced an alternator I've inspected the harness wires. Replacing the alternator was probably not necessary. We're simply not getting a charge from the alternator and it looks very logical that the mega fuse/Fusible link or whatever you call it could be the problem. I'm just trying to learn about what it looks like and where to spot it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I can get you the locations of these components and help you diagnose/track down the root cause.

I would need your engine size or preferably your VIN.

Thank you!