Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I got a replacement key and tried to program it myself. The

Customer Question

I got a replacement key and tried to program it myself. The dealership warned me that if I did anything wrong at might go into lockdown mode for 20 minutes Seems as though it's in permanent lockdown. Is there anything I can do ? It's the weekend and I really need my car I have a 2008 Ford Taurus X
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: The key that I was replacing had broken out of the black remote part I was having to turn it with the pliers to start the ignition when I was trying to program it
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 Ford Taurus X
JA: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can't do anything it's in total lockdown I can't even lock the doors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but at this point a dealer IDS scan tool will be needed to erase the keys and program them from scratch. Many locksmiths also have IDS software that can erase and program also.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome and best of luck

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

Just checking in to see if you need further assistance. If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated.

Thanks!

Kenny Z