Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My f350 with a 5.4L 5 speed will hiccup while accelerating.

Customer Question

Hello my f350 with a 5.4L 5 speed will hiccup while accelerating. It has a rich fuel smell when idling. And when it's warm it drags a bit to start. But starts fine when cold but will race rpm s for a second when started
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I've only had it 3 months but from cold it starts fine other than the rpms jumping real high for a second. Once cold it drags when key is first engaged but starts fine after that.
JA: What year is your F350?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All new coils n plugs. Kn cold air intake the heads are the new ones (plug problem fixed) only 3k miles on them the timing chain was changed at that time so it's new extent comp. Across all 8 cylinder.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can thank of
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you have a scan tool to check codes, fuel trims, MAF sensor readings, power balance test?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris