EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I am getting a U0137 code, I tried reseting it.. Coms right

Customer Question

I am getting a U0137 code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I tried reseting it.. Coms right back.. I replaced the brake controller and tried an after market one. nothing helped
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 f250
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new brake controller... cleaned up the connectors on the back of the truck... resting the code with a code reader.... I haven't looked at the sesors underneath the master cylinder yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if I can reset the code myself or have to go to Ford..
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.

HI. Is your truck gas or diesel? And do you have any symptoms? Or just this code?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Diesel. I have a trailer brake fault on the dash

Ok. Did you check for codes in the TBC module? Or are you only checking codes in the PCM?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not sure.. used my code reader.. code came up in the abs prompt. I tried clearing it.. it says it is cleared but comes right back

Most scan tools will not read the TBC module. I would assume that there is a brake pressure sensor code in that module. THe most common cause for the TBC fault message is the switches on the backside of the master cylinder. If you can check the TBC module for codes and there is a pressure sensor code then that will verify. But I would be willing to bet replacing the switches on the master will remove the TBC fault message and the U code.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What are those switches called?

Brake pressure switches. Or the brake pressure transducer is the FORD technical term. There are 2 on the master. I recommend replacing them both. And the dealer should now what you are referring too.

Thanks for letting me assist you. After rating my assistance the question will remain open for further follow up questions. Thank you.