Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I need some help with a tranny of Ford F150 2008, Yes it is

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I need some help with a tranny of Ford F150 2008
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes it is out of the country my brother was trying to reverse and heard a pop sound and won won’t reverse anymore I understand it is the gear band that is bad trying to know which parts to ship out for repair What do you charge to answer a question?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Ford Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: how do I pay now
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: are you the tech or I have to wait for a tech and how long do I have to wait ??
JA: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here...
Customer: Ok go ahead
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: no I have not original seems like it has not been changed or serviced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well the fuel pump failed earlier we put a generic one inside but don’t seem to be working well
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

It is going to be hard to diagnose what parts you need without the trans apart to see all that is damaged. Since your going to overhaul it you will for sure need a seal kit. There are different levels of this kit, that can contain more like the friction and steel plates for all the clutches. Below is a diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/assembly.pdf

part 138 servo and 63 band are the more likely failures for a pop then no reverse.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris