Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2013 ford escape

Customer Question

2013 ford escape
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Kimberly,

What type of a problem are you having?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My car keeps shutting off and the check engine light and oil light came on.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Kimberly,

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is causing this problem you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned to retrieve the fault code and or codes. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do this scan for you at no charge. If you can have this done and post back with them I can help you determine the cause.