Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I was going to change out the transmission swift unit on my

Customer Question

I was going to change out the transmission swift unit on my 05 ford 4x4 exped. with a new one. The wiring colors on the new one did not match the old one, also there was a white wire coming our of the transaxle going into connector of the old unit. what was this white wire and the new unit has no place for the white wire.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes to both
JA: What year is your Swift?
Customer: It looks like the orginal 05
JA: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I took the unit off and tested it with the wires connected. it work ok. it must have been stuck. however I still donot know what the white was is used for. It was a single wire coming directly out of the transaxle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: a wiring diagram showing white wire. I have fords 05 wiring manual, but it does not show the white wire. I can read electrical shematics, but this one has me stumped
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I meant to type "shift unit" not swift
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

What are you calling a shift unit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the electric motor unit that shifts the truck into 2h, awd, 4 h and 4x low. unit is on the transaxle
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Okay so you needing the wiring diagram for the 4X4 shift motor . Would a connector view help you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a ford electrical diagram for 05 but it does not show the white wire. what is it for?
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Let me have a look at the diagrams and Ill post back.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to leave now. I will log on later. e mail me your name.
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Okay have a look at the connector view which shows the white wire to go in the pin one location in the connector.See if this is what your needing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Pin%20%231%20Oct%2020.pdf