Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1996 Ford Explore 4.0 v6 The codes say that it running on

Customer Question

1996 Ford Explore 4.0 v6 The codes say that it running rich on bank 1&2 TPS replaced Maf cleaned Fuel pressure 30 disconnect vac. line and FP is now 40 ?
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 208,--- serviced 4K ago
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Checked FP Reg. Cleaned MAF replaced TPS
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Codes say it running to rich & runs like SH----
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The fuel pressure will rise with the regulator vacuum line disconnected and this is normal.Since you have cleaned the mass air flow and replaced the tps make sure the engine air filter is free of debris as this can sometimes cause this as well here.The other issue I have seen is one or more fuel injectors allowing to much fuel into the engine causing a rich running issue.If you have not had the fuel injectors checked/tested this needs done to see if one or more need replaced.Make sure no fuel is running out of the fuel pressure regulator vacuum port as this will cause a rich issue and the regulator would need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete