rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a Ford F250 5.2L gas Motor the truck shut off and

Customer Question

I have a Ford F250 5.2L gas Motor the truck shut off and have no power anywhere no lights no – no turn signals nothing dead. battery tested at 12.8 volts but it's not leaving the battery to anything else not even leaving battery to starter nothing has electric. Happened last night started this morning for my brand he rolled the windows up and cut off again same thing
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 days ago.

You next need to check the battery with a load tester and check specific gravity.

If that's good, then the cables may be the problem. Check for tightness and corrosion at both ends.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 days ago.

That battery could drop down to ZERO with any load applied to it.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The battery is good I've done load test on it about a week ago the truck battery went dead I just figured it was alternator bought another alternator alternator wouldn't charge battery I could put battery charger on it and it would charge battery but alternator wouldn't charge it .
ended up finding a bad fuse replaced It it worked fine for a couple of days then it shut off while running in park both times it happened leave me with nothing as far as Electric power I open the hood and he started messing around with the positive battery harness and it dome light came on It started write up on the following day shut off again The next day same problem no Electric power to anything. Left it with my buddy with the key he called today and said it started Long enough to roll up windows and shut off again same problem no power
While I was trying to figure out why alternator wouldn't charge I checked positive harness from Battery to alternator all are good also continuity tested fusible links and the harness they were all good. Now i'm totally lost
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 days ago.

You need to look underneath the power distribution box under the hood, your power is getting lost in there.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me again later on. Ron

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Did get to truck till after dark last night this time the truck would have power to Dawn – and everything else until I turn key to accessory everything dies is the Power distribution box the fuse panel? if where is it located
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 2 day ago.

Fuse panel is inside the tuck.

PDB is under the hood.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 20 hours ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron