Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 Ford Explorer no heat...when turn control to heat there

2002 Ford Explorer no heat...when turn control to heat there is a clicking sound that on the glove compartment side I can see al lever trying to open the flap but it just keeps jumping a quarter of a inch

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Don,

In most cases the clicking noise you are hearing is caused by a bad blend door actuator providing the blend door is not broken and moves freely. The actuator has a plastic gear in it that tends to strip out which cause the gears to ship . You need to start first with removing the actuator and then turn the door by hand to be sure its not broken and if that checks okay. Replace the actuator.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do u have a pic or something of what the actuator look like and exactly which one u r talking about

Don are you working on the single zone system or dose you have the duel zone system?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Single zone

Okay, see the location and removal steps in the link below. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help and we can work from there .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blend%20door%20actuator%20Oct%2020.pdf

I have also enclosed the console removal steps in this link if you need them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/console%20Oct%2020.pdf

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What part on actuato strips cus it looks ok on the outside

There are plastic gear inside of the actuator that strip out. To see them you would need to take it apart and its not meant to be taken apart but instead just replaced.