Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My 2016 Monterey (Freestar) surges at stop. It did this

Customer Question

My 2016 Monterey (Freestar) surges at stop. It did this before a recent Tranny Replacement, put in new spark plugs and O2 Sensor. Mostly when its not warmed up, sometimes Goes away after allot of driving,
JA: Are you fixing your Monterey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a independent Mechanic look at it, he put in the plugs and O2. Runs better, but did not solve the odd pulsating surge. Recent Oil Change, RXP in the fuel.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Starts pretty good, not perfect,better after the new plugs, Haven't noticed fuel change. 123,000 moles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure
Submitted: 1 day ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 day ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Which engine/trans is in it?

I remember that they stopped making them in 2007. Is it a 2016 model year?