Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

I try to pass the smog test, i have a scanner but the code

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i try to pass the smog test, i have a scanner but the code P1000: On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Systems Readiness Test Not Complete, will not disappear, I have no check engine light or misfires in my valves
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: what light?
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 ford escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced all the parts that are causing problems, but there was a bad connector what I also fixed so I reset the battery to clear the code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: B1352: Ignition key in circuit fault
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

The only way to fix the Readiness Monitors not being ready is to drive the vehicle. When a repair is made, and the codes are "cleared" the on-board computer need to do a re-boot of sorts. During this re-boot, it will check all the systems and make sure there are no current problems. When it sees systems are good, it will set that system's monitor to "Ready". Ford has provided a "Drive Cycle" that should better help get these Monitors set. Try to stay as close as possible to the times and speeds indicated in the Drive Cycle for best and quickest results. You can download the Drive Cycle here:

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 days ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 days ago.