Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Got a 2000F250 with a 5.4. It always starts cold, on several

got a 2000F250 with a 5.4. It always starts cold, on several occasions after driving then try to restart within 5 minutes, it just cranks and no start. it did it 4 times this week but if you let it sit a while ~20 mintues it will start.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 F250SD 5.4 L triton
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: took to local mechanic of course it would not mess up while there. He put on compute no codes. No other work done to this point other than a mass airflow sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

When it will not start dose your check engine light come on with the key on and go off while cranking?

Dose the theft light come on and flash?

Has the fuel pressure been checked when it will not start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, no and no

Okay so when you turn the key on when it will not start your not seeing a check engine light ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

Okay the check engine light should come on with the key and go out while cranking the engine over and if the light is not coming on that usually means the PCM (computer) is not powering up. have you tried swapping the PCM relay with a know good relay and see if this will solve this no start? See the relay location in the under hood fuse panel .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/PCM%20relay%20Oct%2019.pdf

Try swapping this relay with a know good relay.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, I will try it

Please do, the check engine light has to come on with the key if the computer is powering up.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ron, Can I wait a couple days before rating you, I can't get it to misfire because I'm not sure about the my answer about the check engine light.?

Yes the post remains opne as long as you need me even after rating the post. Post back when your ready and we can work from there.