Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1999 Ranger came back to me from pain and both power mirrors

Customer Question

1999 Ranger came back to me from pain and both power mirrors have stopped. The fuse no. 1, 7.5 amps was checked and it ok. Any ideas?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I just looked at the primary one on the driver side that contains the fuse that the manual says controls the two mirrors. I said pain, should be paint.
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the fuse which is OK and I'm looking for a wiring diagram which led me to your site.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cary York replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

If were just painted I would think the mirrors were removed and possibly not plugged back in properly.