Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Chad This is the 2005 ford F150 XLT with the same situation

Hell Chad
This is the 2005 ford F150 XLT with the same situation that the #4 & 5 plug were changed (pulled the one connector away form the cpm to gain access to the coil and plug). (Found that the correct Key fixed my starting problem). and I still don't have any power the truck spits and back fires when trying to pull up a small hill. Checked for vacuum leaks but none were found. Also pulled and cleaned all the fuel injectors, gas line, new filter, and drained the tank, the truck runs better and the engine light went out. but no power. Question do I need to have the CPM reflashed also. and do you know where to in the Chatsworth Ga area

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

I doubt a PCM flash is going to help this.

Will you scan tool run a power balance or cylinder contribution test?

Have you monitored the fuel pressure and fuel trims during this event?

A backfire concern can mean there is a timing or valve issue, can you run a compression test?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Moose,
I don't have the tools to do what you suggest. I have worked on Automobiles for a long time and accrued many tools but the newer autos with electronics I don't work on that much, so I took the truck to a local shop, I hope to hear from them today. I hope it does not cost much to fix it. Thanks for the advice I will contact someone later if I have more problems.

Keep in touch if there is any way I can help more.