Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I bought a 1990 Ford Festiva it ran fine yesterday start hot

Customer Question

I bought a 1990 Ford Festiva it ran fine yesterday start hot but hard to start when Engine cools off today it won't start at all
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Festiva yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel pump seems to have lots of pressure but I'm not getting any Spark from the coil or the plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Was wondering if it could be something in the distributor or if it it would be in the brain
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hello

Ok I'm assuming that the engine turns over OK

so if there's no spark then check that there's power to the coil pack (at the other end of the plug lead) using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark then check the ECU power supply (fuse and relay) and also the connections to the crankshaft speed sensor.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you