tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years

Code P1537, P1537 yes. appears to be a vacuum leak, but can

Customer Question

code P1537
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: P1537 yes. appears to be a vacuum leak, but can not find it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 97 f150 4.2l*****
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my husband has pulled the mantifold, replaced the gaskets, cleaned the gunk out, replaced the orings on fuel injectors.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: runs better than ever, but still throws code and check engine light remains on.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 9 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

this code indecates a leak in the intake manifold runner.

lets remove and clean it and the egr valve

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help