Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

It's running pig, and now it won't keep running. Just did a

Customer Question

It's running pig rich, and now it won't keep running. Just did a check engine self test and I get code 11 and code 18 system pass and spout circuit open.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: Jumper wire and reading check engine light flashes.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: It's a 1988 Ford E-350 with a 5.8L efi engine.
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This month I've replaced the fuel injectors, the high pressure fuel pump and filter, the fuel pump relay, the ecm relay, and the spark plugs. The spark plugs are badly fouled after only 4 days.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When it runs it coughs and misses, stalls out but restarts immediately. That was a couple of days ago. Now it cranks, but stalls almost immediately
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. One thing I would check is the fuel pressure as well. There where known issue on the 1988 of failing fuel pressure regulator that may be a problem. Normal pressure on your engine should be right at 32 to 45 PSI. Anything over 45 PSI will cause the engine to over fuel. You should also pull the vacuum line off of the regulator and check for any signs of fuel in the line. If there is any at all then the regulator is leaking. Checj these things for me and post back if need be and we can work from there.