Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I want to disconnect the battery on my 2002 Thunderbird. The

Customer Question

I want to disconnect the battery on my 2002 Thunderbird. The negative terminal is inaccessible. Can I disconnect the positive terminal instead which is in plain view?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are just trying to cut power to the vehicle to work on the vehicle you can disconnect the power if you cannot access the ground that easily.Repair instructions always say to disconnect the ground but I have disconnected the power cable as well and have been o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete