Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2002 ford f150 fx4 5.4L engine- when turning the key over, I

Customer Question

2002 ford f150 fx4 5.4L engine- when turning the key over, I get a no start/no crank condition. Other than the door and abs light, nothing appears on the dash until approximately a minute, when the odometer ( just dashes), service engine soon, and a few other lights, plus the theft light blinks rapidly and than slows down.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

With the headlights on, what is the battery voltage?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 days ago.

Thanks, that's a little weak but good enough. A rapid flashing theft light means the computer is not reading that the correct coded key is being used. The odometer dashes indicates the PCM is bad or not getting all the powers and grounds it needs. Can you unplug the PCM and with the key on, confirm all the powers and grounds to it are good with the files below?

Pin 3-25-51-76-103 grounds

Pin 55-71-97 powers

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.