Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

Have provlem new timeing kit new phasers put phaser lockout

Customer Question

have provlem new timeing kit new phasers put phaser lockout new sensors stll rughidlel and geting codesp0345 p0349
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: cam posisoner sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 05 f150 5.4
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: basicle al complet engine overhole was nokin replase cam sensors and vct sensors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 10 days ago.

Hello, My names Kurt, and I will be helping you today. Sorry you are having issues with the truck after all that work.

There are two common things that cause this code on the 5.4L The first thing is to make sure it has the correct amount of engine oil it, since everything is ran off of oil pressure, this is the very first thing to check.

If that checks out, we need to go ahead and check timing on this truck. It really sounds like the timing may have jumped on you while going back together with it. I know thats not the answer you want to hear, but chances are, thats the issue. It happens A lot more than you think to people.

I attached a PDF of how to inspect, and correctly time the engine, in case that is the issue.

Please feel free to ask me any other questions, and ill do my best to help so we can get this truck up and running correctly!
Also, please do not forget to rate my service tonight!

Thank you