Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My 2004 focus seat belt alarm was going off all the time

Customer Question

My 2004 focus seat belt alarm was going off all the time even when driving. tried to disable it by the theory online and now the car wont start and a lot of lights are flashing on dashboard
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: they ARE FINE
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The sat belt alarm was just getting annoying....tried the method of buckling and unbuckling and that's when the problem started. did we mess up the computer?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

yes you could have but first lets try this a Master reset

check all fuses to it , inside the car fuse box and the underhood fuse box in case a fuse blew ?

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are there two fuse boxes? We checked the ones inside the car. If one is under hood where is it?

yes there is 2 , but the one you want will be in the inside box number f2.60 a 7.5 amp goes to the RCM ( Restrain control module )

Battery Junction Box (BJB) is located in the engine compartment, rear LH side.

f2.60 7.5 amp RCM ( restraint module ) in the inside fuse box that you checked will be the only fuse on this model

but do check all fuse in all boxes in cases you shorted one out

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Unable to get to R17 fuse???
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Would you like me to try and help on this concern?

Will the engine at least crank?

Is the battery voltage good?

Have you done a reset?

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry I forgot to write back Moose. We got the problem taken care of. It was the battery......things are good now. Thanks for your help.

Your welcome, glad you found the battery to blame once I asked about the battery voltage.