Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Code PO461 Fuel level sensor A circuit range/ performance 1

Customer Question

code PO461 Fuel level sensor A circuit range/ performance 1 week ago, now no codes but fuel gauge reads empty, below empty when starting 2006 explorer
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: no codes indicated a check
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can fix myself. was prepping to drop the fuel tank in the morning
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: any ohm readings or need to jumper the connector to verify sending unit is bad?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Can you do these tests below.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.