EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Needles on my instrument cluster will not work, it has

Customer Question

Needles on my instrument cluster will not work, it has illumination, but no needle movement
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 Ford Focus LX
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, i've tried wiggling the connector behind the alternator under the ac condensor, i've tried the ignition jiggle and i pulled out the cluster last night to check to make sure everything was connected
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: For my instrument cluster?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. You can check for power and grounds at the electrical connectors for the cluster. If there are power and grounds there, then the instrument cluster needs to be replaced. Before checking power at the connectors you can check all the interior and exterior fuses first. Do you have a test light or a meter to check for power and ground at the cluster?

I see you viewed my response to your question. Thanks for using Just Answer and please rate the assistance provided. After rating, the questions stays open for any follow up questions you may have. Thank you.