Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

After letting off the gas and staring again. The

Customer Question

After letting off the gas and staring again. The transmission will clunk like it needed tme to down shift. The truck has about 126,000 miles
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: same
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 f150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: recently bought Iwas going to change filter and tran. oil.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Does this occur at all speeds?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Changing the trans oil and filter and using an additive called LUBEGARD would be my first step since every downshift (occurs at all speeds) is causing this.

Next I would clean the throttle body and MAF sensor. If there are no vibration concerns or whine or sing noises when accelerating then I do not suspect slack in the driveline after the transmission to blame for this.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris