Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

99 SD F250 V10, dies immediately when goes to closed loop,

Customer Question

99 SD F250 V10, dies immediately when goes to closed loop, sometime recovers if open loop initiates fast enough.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Once it stalls are you able to restart it?

Can you keep it running with throttle applied?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Restarts no problem and is back in open loop and when it goes back to closed loop one minute later it stumbles for a second and dies again over and over. If throttle is applied it stalls like you shit the key off.

Since it still stalls when the MAF and O2 sensors are unplugged using default readings for closed loop. This tells me your PCM is most likely to blame here.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris