AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2006 f150 crew cab..no pwr windows at all. read previous

Customer Question

2006 f150 crew cab..no pwr windows at all. read previous case you advised on for no same issue... checked breaker 401 @ fuse panel- lites test light.. no power at LB/ BLK wire. checked blk wire for grnd. test lite lites when going from blk wire to power at battery. problem was intermintent, and now does not work at all. no moonroof . radio works. pwr mirrors, door locks work .
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: was intermintent ... I slam door and might work or keep cycling window swtch...now does not work ever
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my self....replaced master swtch.... former tech ..serv mgr 20+ years...just enough to be dangerous
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have read a former post from chuck that addresses same / very similar issue
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Your saying there is no power windows and no power to the master switch?

Can I start by getting your VIN so I can pull you a wiring diagram?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1FTPW12526KB61524 I RAN 12 V FROM BAT TO WIRE LB / BLK AND ALL WINDOWS WORK CORRECTLY.
WIRE BREAK SOMEWHERE AROUND KICK PANEL ...WIRE HARNESS THRU DOOR LOOKS OK HAVE POWER AT BREAKER 401
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a regular cab or a crew cab?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CREW CAB
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. So the power window switch on your vehicle gets power on the light blue/black wire from the accessory delay relay and then the 30 amp circuit breaker 401 like you mentioned. If the accessory rdelay relay and circuit breaker are working like they should, then yes, it is most likley just a bad/broken wire between the central junction box to the master window switch.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WHERE IS THE CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX? I NOTICED THE HARNESS IS TIGHT AGAINEST THE PARKING BRAKE ASSEMBLY. HAVE YOU SEEN KNOWN AREAS OF HARNESS CHAFING IN THIS AREA OR OTHER AREAS ??
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

The door jamb and yes, near the parking brake assembly. No other common areas that ring a bell.

The central junction box is located inside the vehicle. Do you need a picture?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

The central junction box is located on the right kick panel

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
send picture...there are 3 different harnesses / connectors below the parking brake... which one contains pwr to the window swtch....lb/blk wire??
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

YES, light blue wire with black stripe.

Here is pic..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is picture of pass side ... what about harness connectors on drvs side under brake assembly.. 1 grey 1blk 1 greenis pwr to window swtch in 1 of them
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

According to the wiring diagram, there is only one splice in the wiring between the central junction box and master window switch. No connector.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1. where exactly does the pwr wire route after passing thru door into the cabin?
2. Does it change color?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I dont know where exactly the wire runs as I did not build the vehicle. You will have to trace it.

No, it does not change color.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have you ever worked on a f150 with this type problem before and seen anything similar? wereyou certified thru STARS in the electrical category
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I have seen this many times and it is due to a broken wire (based on my experience) provided the relay and circuit breaker are working.

I learned electrical from years of hands on experience.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Why do you ask Sir?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
usually there r patterns of failures on specific veh types ... experience and training on specifc vehs then gives real world failures..like a broken wire in the area between the door and cabin in that boot..like I just found....your experience might have suggested I look there first..... and you have not suggested this
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

That would be for a pattern failure tech.

I am not a pattern failure tech.

I diagnose things correctly the why it should be done.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought I was paying for a tech who was experienced with specific ford issues...like advertising promotes.. so they could tell me about common ford issues..I assumed wrong... I need to be transferred to a supervisor for review so I can discuss my concerns
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

I am not sure why you are giving me a hard time. Maybe you just done want to pay.

YES, I am experienced and yes, I have seen this happen many of times. The root cause could be anywhere in between the central junction box and master window switch. I have seen all of it based on my experience. There is no ONE common problem. There are SEVERAL. That is why we needed to diagnose it.. which we just did. You paid for me not guessing at the problem. It went to diagnosing this concern SPECIFIC to your vehicle. I do hope you understand.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought I was paying for a ford tech....I told you I had no pwer ...you informed me it was somewhere between the juction box and the switch.. I knew this as well.... you did send 1 pic and a wiring diagram...both available for free online.....I thougt I was paying for specific ford knowledge ...as advertisd. please forward to a superviisor... I am willing to pay for what was aadvertised .. I have alreday paid....
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 month ago.

Once again, I am a ford tech.

Let me get this straight, you asked for help and I did so, we then pinpointed the problem and yet your still not happy?

Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I pinpointed the problem you provided basic pictures ..no specific advice or experience based facts
ase certified and ford certified are 2 completely different training curriculums .