Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2009 Ford f450 lariat. I think I want to load

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Ford f450 lariat.I think I want to load as-built data from a 2008 to try to add redundant climate controls to steering wheel. In 2009 this function was replaced with sync controls. I purchased a 2008 steering wheel with what I believe is appropriate wiring harness to use these functions.I have a fully licensed ids account, a ford module reprogramming subscription, and an authentic vcm2.Can someone walk me through the steps via ids, or fmp, to attempt this change? I'm especially struggling at this point to identify which module may have the capability to utilize the climate controls.Conversely, if anyone knows this process to not be possible, please let me know.Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases you may have to obtain this info from a dealer since no one has posted here on how this is done.They may charge a small fee for this.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Pete,Im pretty sure i have the tools and data to do this if its even possible. As you probably know dealers are not very interested in doing non-standard programming.My biggest problem at this point is decoding the hexidecimal values of the as-built data. For example, what does
"GEM 726-01-01 500A 89" actually control in english?Does that make sense?I need to tell this truck to run steering wheel programming as though it is a 08 with redundant climate controls, not a 2009 with sync steering wheel controls.Thank you!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here but others here may be able to help more.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete