Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ugh! 2009 ford focus manual transmission, hard to get into

Customer Question

Ugh! 2009 ford focus manual transmission, hard to get into reverse when cold. After I do it works fine after engineering e warms up
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, afraid to take to mechanic yet think I g I. Need expensive new clutch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: None
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Possible causes for this are going to be the clutch components or the reverse shift fork worn.

When off and cold are you able to shift in and out of reverse easily?

If you roll rearwards are you easily able to get it to shift into reverse running and clutch pressed?

Front wheels off the ground, when you engage reverse with the clutch pressed do the wheels roll rearward?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris