Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I have a 2001 ranger it want start. i found that the fuse

i have a 2001 ranger it want start. i found that the fuse #24 15 amp did not have power to it. pulled fuse panel out to see why other fuses had power and this fuse did not, it was fed with a seperate wire for power. checked starter relay had power on arm only. jumped across to n.o. contact and starter turned over. where does starter fuse get power from. does neutral sw. supply grd to stater relay. if so where is neutral start switch and where does relay get power to close start relay.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Fuse 24 powers the white/pink wire. That changes to a pink wire and goes into the transmission range sensor on the drivers side of the transmission. If in park or neutral, power goes out of the TR sensor on the tan/red wire to pin 85 coil side of the starter relay. Fuse 24 is powered from the ignition swich red/light blue wire with the key held in the start position.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I did get it started your help and a little more trouble shooting found ignition fuse missing also. Thinks for your help. It got me going in right direction.