Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

The cruise control on my 2002 Ford Escape worked fine prior

Customer Question

The cruise control on my 2002 Ford Escape worked fine prior to going about 1 yr. without using the vehicle due to the need to replace an ignition coil. The ignition coils have all been replaced and I purchased a new battery. The cruise control light comes on but the system does not engage when I a press "set". Am I missing something??
JA: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Thanks. I forgot to check the fuse. Are there more than one fuse? Without being engaged I don't know if I can accelerate or decelerate.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am fixing the Escape myself unless someone tells me that I need to use some gizmo that Ford has proprietary rights over and they are the only ones who can do a particular repair. I have not tried anything so far but I'm going to check the fuses now - Can I contact you later??
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Oh yeah, I am complete on factory recalls to date.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 13 days ago.

Hi Im David. if the vehicle has been sitting for that long, have you checked the wiring to the servo for mouse chewings/damage?

Expert:  A. Penland replied 10 days ago.

Do you still need help with your 2002 Ford Escape cruise control?