Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

I currently own a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL. I've been living a

Customer Question

I currently own a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL. I've been living a nightmare with it recently. It started about 2 or 3 months ago with the car idling roughly when it was at a dead stop. It happened after I drove through a crazy rainstorm as well. The check engine light came on, I had it checked, and it came back with error code P0403. EGR Valve has been replaced twice with no luck. Any ideas to the issue?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Have you done any of the diag steps for this code?

Are you going to be doing the diag and repairs?

I am pretty sure we are going to be tracing a wiring resistance issue for this case. Do you have a digital volt meter, we may need to do electrical testing.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have replaced the EGR Valve twice now with no luck. I will probably be doing the diag myself, but depending on the lengths of the repair, I may be taking it to a Ford Certified Technician. I do have a volt meter.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also, I have checked any other fuses that could be related to the valve itself and none of them are shot.

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results through your testing.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm not 100% sure what it means on the diagnostic when it states the PCM connector. I checked the other file you sent, which had the layout of the EGR circuit connector and the pin locations on the PCM connector, and it states the 190 pin connector. I'm only able to access the connector that goes from the engine components to the fuse box. All else is very much buried under other components.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Or, rather should I state, the fuse block, not the fuse box.

The PCM is the vehicles computer. It is on the engine side of the firewall about where the engine and transaxle meet. You will have to unplug the PCM to do these tests.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris