Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Got a ford F450with a 7.3 diesel and still having trouble.

Got a ford F450with a 7.3 diesel and still having trouble. its a 2000 model and have talked several times on this issue. It runs rough but when you get on it the truck misses and cuts out and pops like a gas engine that is fuel knocking. When I run a contribution test it shows #4 so I replaced the injector and have replaced the cam sensor cause it had a cam code. Also replaced the exhaust back pressure sensor cause it had a code for it. It still has the same problem so I dropped the fuel tank and cleaned the tank and replaced filter and lift pump. I blew through all the lines and still same issue. It also has a KAM internal error. It also still shows #4 on a contribution test.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Have you ran a compression test to confirm none are low?

Have you monitored the fuel pressure to make sure its not dipping low while driving?

Have you monitored the ICP pressure to make sure its going up instead of down when accelerating?

A KAM code can be caused by using a programmer for more power. Is that the case, and can I get that code number 0603 maybe?

Have you checked for resistance concerns in the connector or harness at the valve cover gaskets?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
where is the IDM located

The IDM is between the left front tire and the steering column behind the inner wheel well shield.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris