Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have the driver side vent that won't blow air, It's a 2000

Customer Question

I have the driver side vent that won't blow air
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: It's a 2000 f250 v10 150000 my father and I changed heater core that's when it started maybe two weeks
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am just tying to research I made sure actuator was installed correctly I was going to look for a clog next
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, does it have manual or digital/automatic climate control?

Does it have separate left and right side temperature controls?

And to be sure, no air out the driver side vent when set on heat or air?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Manual single unit and haven't checked heat setting but checked all spreads and it switches from floor and defrost fine
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, there are not separate mode doors or actuators for the left side dash vent, only one mode door for all the dash vents, so it will not be a door or door actuator.

While possible it is a clog, if this was not an issue before replacing the heater core, it is not likely to be the issue.

The most likely issue is the air duct going to the left side dash vent is disconnected, either at the vent or further back where it come off the hvac housing. You can pull the vent to feel thru there to see it the duct is connected and if it isnt, you may be able to reach up thru the bottom of the dash to reach it and connect it.

If it is connected then you will likely have to pull some of the dash to get to the ductwork to locate the disconnection and the reconnect it.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?