Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Key fob slightly moves door push locksand makes clunking

Customer Question

key fob slightly moves door push locksand makes clunking unlocking sound but doesn't unlock door
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: yes. also, when I shut the door the dome light sometimes doesn't automatically shut off
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2000 F350 Lariat
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only a fob battery and lube
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

When using the interior door lock switches will all doors lock and unlock correctly multiple times with the vehicle not running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
alarm turns off and on, lock button/pulls move slightly but not enough to lock/ unlock doors

Step one will be to remove the door panel and unplug the lock actuator connector. There are 2 wires there. Test one for ground and the other for power with a meter. Press the lock button and see if the meter shows battery voltage. Then press the unlock button and see if the meter shows the same voltage as negative. If you get that result then its is your door lock actuators to blame. It is not uncommon for more than one or all to fail at once. Can you do these steps?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I'll try it tomorrow evening and I'll let you know.

Super

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris