David Gieswein
David Gieswein,
Experience:  Automotive technician at Doug Gray Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep
94072907

My car was getting hot and engineering. In the process of

Customer Question

Hi, my car was getting hot and engineering. In the process of addressing, radiator was flushed and thermostat and sensor were replaced. Now engine light comes on (it didn't before) and ac blows warm. It seems that there is some electrical something that isn't recognizing that the engine isnt getting hot anymore. My fixit guys don't know enough about ac to diagnose. Thanks
JA: Has the vehicle overheated in the past? And what about servicing? Is it up-to-date on oil changes?
Customer: Up to date on oil changes. Hasnt overheated and I didn't allow it to overheat this time. It got close to the H and red line but not all the way. 88k miles.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taurus
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: We had to replace thermostat 2x because engine light came on the first time I took it home, but not immediately. Drove it around for a while. When they were replacing the part, that's when they noticed ac blowing hot. I said it had always been working. I needed to go and said would bring car back the next afternoon. When I left the engine light was not on. I took car home and the next afternoon, I turned the car on and that's when the check engine light was on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, What's going on with the car

Have you checked to see if the cooling fans are coming on?

Have you checked to see if there is debris in between the radiator and the condenser(common problem)?

Have you tried pressure washing through the fins of the front of the condenser?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The condenser wasn't getting power and a part (can't remember the name) was broken. To replace it would have been very expensive but they were able to bypass it all for $150. The check engine light is still.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, the engine light is still on. Thanks for the other advice.

Sorry for the slow response. I have been in training all week and was driving back home. The check engine light is on? I wonder what the codes are. If you could manage to get me the codes I could assist you on that too.