Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities

My 2007 mariner hybrid has the service soon messaged and

Customer Question

Hi, my 2007 mariner hybrid has the service soon messaged and wrench light on all the time, even before I start the engine.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: The rear blend door is working and the engine runs well with avg 30 mpg. My scan tool says no codes.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Ford Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Mariner Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The check engine light is a separate light and is staying off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just purchased this car with 108,000 miles.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 10 days ago.

There is a good possibility you are dealing with a failed instrument cluster, or possibly a failed power train control module or body control module. Unfortunately without codes you will have to do some part changing until you can get the codes to work with. I would start by troubleshooting the power and ground to the instrument cluster , the connector, and wiring, if all good , substitute a body control module and program it. This one is going to take some patience and alot of your time or your mechanics time.Please rate my service, i will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'd like to find a way to get the codes rather than part changing. Can I clear codes myself by disconnecting 12volt battery and shorting cables to clear pcm bcm codes?? Is there a scanner other than the dealers to read them? Thankyou
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 5 days ago.

Sorry for the delay, I had a medical emergency, all is well now, Unfortunately since you do not have any codes , clearing the computer the way suggest would leave you clueless as to the issue, At this it would be better to hook up a Live data Scanner and be highly skilled at knowing normal readings going to the computer, and be able to pick out the slightly skewed reading on the scanner to establish a starting point for diagnostics. Snap On Tools makes a good one but they are pricey, more ost effective to bring it to someone who already has one and is highly skilled at using it.

Please RATE my service on the rating page,I will continue to answer your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answers.