Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a cylinder 6 misfire code. have replaced cop, plug

Customer Question

I have a cylinder 6 misfire code. have replaced cop, plug and injector but still have the problem. Going to check compression and see if that is proper
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: no it doesn't stall and I bought the truck with the code. When it gets above about 1600 rpm the engine seems to smooth right out but below that it runs rough.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1999 F150 with the 5.4
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've been fixing it myself so far. As I said, I replaced the coil pack and plug as well as the injeclor. It performs some better since I replaced the injector but the miss is still there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 14 days ago.

If you sure you have good spark from the new coil as well as injector pulse then the next step would be to do as you have mentioned, pull the spark plug and run a compression test . Have you verified you have good spark as well as injector pulse on this cylinder?