Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I just bought a 2005 ford free style and the engine light

Customer Question

I just bought a 2005 ford free style and the engine light has come on. I hooked up an OBD scanner and pulled b1342 ECU malfunction, B1884 Unexpected feature present, and P1000. Just trying to find out what all this means.
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: it has not stalled. other than just pulling the codes nothing else has been done
JA: What is the model of your '05 Ford?
Customer: Freestyle
JA: Are you fixing your Freestyle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was planning on it. The only thing that I have done so far is pull the codes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The previous owner insulated a HID kit, as well as an after market stereo. other than that everything else seems stock.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

I can send you the diagnostic procedures for these codes if you would like.