Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2005 f350 6.0 glow plugs not working, yes, we replaced the

Customer Question

2005 f350 6.0 glow plugs not working,
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we replaced the glow plug module with a new motorcraft module also the glow plugs and the harnesses are replaced with motorcraft parts. this was the first set of replacement plugs since new. The truck has been extremely reliabls with 260,000 on it
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: auto
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the check engine light on at all or have you had the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool at all to see what codes are set?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i did get a code i don t have it with me but i believe it was 670
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

O.k.,this is a glow plug control module circuit fault.There is a specific test procedure for this code to pinpoint the cause here.It may require special electrical test equipment to help pinpoint off of the diagnosis chart.Would you like me to post the diagnostic procedure so you can follow it to locate the issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did get 12 v at the 2 pins on the green plug and 12 on one pin on the black plug, and 12v on the 10 ga black w/orange stripe wire. and all of the glow plug pins were 0
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Let me post the diagnostic procedure below on this here.This will help in locating the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete