Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My drivers seat recliner cable is very slack and the seat

Customer Question

my drivers seat recliner cable is very slack and the seat back moves freely but will not lock
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 Ford F150
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I cant get the adjustment wheel for the lumbar off
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: good condition
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 16 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The lumbar knob is tough to remove. You need to grip it with both hands using your index and middle fingers and give it a swift jerk to pull the knob free. Is this all you needed?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That only tells how to remove the wheel. How do I replace the cable
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 15 days ago.

Sorry I misunderstood that to be your only question.

At the base of the backrest is a J clip holding the seat back cover together. Pop this loose so you can role up the cover and expose the lumbar support and remove and replace the broken cable.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris