EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I received a engine code of p0300 (general misfire). I heard

Customer Question

I received a engine code of p0300 (general misfire). I heard a faint pop and lost power before the code went out. I am going to replace the boots and coil and check for any defective plugs (plugs replaced 5k ago.) the car is a 2013 FORDESCAPE 2.0L TURBO AWD with 95k. Right before this occurred i did a coolant drain/flush/fill, changed the oil/transmission drain/fill. during oil change i forgot to fully screw in filter and engine ran dry for about 15-25 seconds. Also to add i may have gotten some moisture into the plug boot area which im going to check.
Based off this what do you think?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 month ago.

Hi. WHen you drive it, does it feel like there is a misfire?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
definite power loss very noticeable

Ok. First, verify the oil level is now correct. Then Verify all the spark plug gaps are correct and the coil boots are dry. What brand plugs did you use?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
denso long lasting ones i checked the gap and it was correct going in
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
one step colder i think

You want to use only Motorcraft plugs in that engine. We see nothing but problems at the dealer when people use denso, or autolites in these motors.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok ill switch them back

Do that first, then verify the trans and engine oil levels and go from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if that doesn't work? and then if that doesn't etc etc i have alldatadiy and am mildly competent

Did you have the p0300 before tuning it up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
never

start by replacing the plugs and then if there continues to be a problem then we will go from there. After rating the assistance, yuo can bookmark this page and come back to it later for follow up questions or so we can continue.

Do you have any more questions on this? IF so please let me know. Also rate the assistance provided to keep the question open for further follow up questions. Thanks.

Thank you for allowing me to assist. Now, if there are no further questions on this, rate the assistance to help and close out the question. Thanks.