Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have an 01 ford expedition xlt that won't crank. I thought

Customer Question

I have an 01 ford expedition xlt that won't crank. I thought it was my battery because I needed a jump off when the incident first occured so I went to my local auto zone and had my battery recharged. Once I put the battery back in the truck an alarm I never knew I had until now went off. The arm lasted about 15 minutes before I decided to cut the power line to the alarm to make it stop ringing. Then I was able to crank up and go home. That afternoon I tried to go somewhere else in my truck but it would not crank and now it constantly clicks and my signal lights are constantly blinking. What should I do to get my truck started again?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Ok
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: This is a brand new battery I had purchased just 3 months ago and I had it tested at auto zone and they said it was fine and I haven't seen any leaks from the battery
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I have tried resetting the fuses in the fusebox and I have changed all my relays in the truck and I'm still having the same issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's everything I've tried so far
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! My name is***** have been a transmission and engine drivability tech for 15 years and I will do my best to resolve this issue fast as I understand it can be stressful! Please just allow me one moment to review the information!

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 2 months ago.

First so I can provide the most accurate information may I get the VIN number as well as some other information, Is the alarm factory or aftermarket? We will also need to see what codes are stored in the computer. Auto Zone does this free and give you a printout as well as lets you rent it free. You can also purchase a code reader for anywhere from $40-100 there.