Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Front of my automatic transmission pan there is a round plug

Customer Question

Front of my automatic transmission pan there is a round plug that appears to be leaking, what is this plug called and does it indicate a major problem or can I just replace it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jon Pell replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to resolve this issue fast as I understand it can be stressful! Please just allow me one moment to review the information!

Expert:  Jon Pell replied 2 months ago.

There are a few plugs in that area but all should be able to replaced so I don't expect it to be a big deal just a few dollars but to be sure is there anyway you can take a quick picture of it one of the overall section of the area then one up close or just of the plug? I know there are several items in that area with a oil pan drain plug, trans drain plug, trans fill plug along with a few different sensors but most of them have a metal or a special type of plastic washer that prevents leaks that can be replaced instead of replacing the entire thing there are also several plugs there that are ports to connect a pressure tester for each hydraulic system for each gear on the transmission. May I also get the VIN number and the model of the super duty i.e. F-250,F-350 so I can pull up the service manual in the Ford database? Once I get the pictures and VIN with which F series it is I am confident we will get this resolved quickly as I have been a Ford Transmission and engine drivability technician for 15 years I will see this through until its fixed with you!